Free Timed Passes
- Free Timed Passes are required to visit Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors. Demand is high for this landmark exhibition, and passes go quickly when released.
- Advanced Timed Passes are released online every Monday at noon for the following week. A limited number of same-day Walk-Up Timed Passes will be available at the Museum.
- The next release is Monday, Feb. 27, for Timed Passes for the week of March 7-March 13.
- All advance Timed Passes have been claimed for Feb 23-March 6. Same-day Walk-Up Timed Passes will be available at the Museum starting Feb. 23.
Tips for reserving Timed Passes online
- Consider visiting on a weekday. Saturdays and Sundays fill up quickly, while Tuesdays and Wednesdays tend to be more open.
- Choose the “first available” option when searching for Timed Passes. If your schedule is flexible, let the system find the next available slot.
- Once you select your passes, you will be asked to create an account. This will let you more easily reserve in the future.
What is a free Timed Pass?
A free Timed Pass ensures entry to the exhibition at a particular date and time. Timed Passes are required for Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors due to the popularity of the artist and the nature of the exhibition, which features 6 immersive spaces designed to hold only a few people at a time.
What if my preferred time slot isn’t available online?
- Visit this page next Monday at noon, when the next batch of Timed Passes will be released online.
- A limited number of same-day Walk-Up Passes will be available onsite once the exhibition opens, on February 23. Walk-Up Passes can only be used on the day that they are issued. Visitors cannot reserve future dates in person.
- Become a Member! Hirshhorn members can see the exhibition anytime.
How can I get Passes for a future visit?
Free Timed Passes for a particular day will be released online Monday at noon the week prior. To ensure your visit, consider joining the Hirshhorn as a Member. Members are able to tour Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors at any time without having to reserve a Timed Pass.
Can I obtain a Timed Pass at the Museum?
Each day, a limited number of free same-day Walk-Up Timed Passes will be available at the Museum. A line will start forming at 9:30 am, on the Museum Plaza near the fountain, and the passes will be distributed starting at 10:00 am on a first-come, first-served basis.
Do children require Timed Passes?
Each visitor requires a pass. Adults need to obtain free Timed Passes for all children and infants. Timed Passes help us account for the time necessary to enter the museum and go through the security process.
I am a member of the Hirshhorn. Do I still need a Timed Pass?
Hirshhorn Members will have special access to the exhibition every day that it is open. Upon arrival, Members should proceed to the Member line at the Information Desk in the Lobby. Present your membership card and ID to the Hirshhorn Visitor Services Attendant to receive passes to enter the exhibition at your leisure.
Members see it now!
Join the Hirshhorn as a member (starting at $50) to visit Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors anytime, bring a friend, and bypass the general admission line. Members also enjoy discounts at the Museum Shop, exclusive invitations, and more!