It’s the season of pumpkins and nobody celebrates gourds quite like Yayoi Kusama. Embrace the season and get inspired by Kusama’s “Pumpkin,” currently on view on the Hirshhorn’s outdoor plaza! The museum is hosting a pumpkin decorating contest on Instagram, so share your creativity! Keeping Kusama in mind, create a pumpkin inspired by the artist and upload it to Instagram to enter the contest. Details below:
Terms & Conditions
By entering the Pumpkin Decorating Contest, at Smithsonian’s Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, entrants agree to abide by the following rules:
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Contest void where prohibited.
- Entrants must be natural persons, U.S. residents, 13 years of age or older, except that entrants may not be a regent, officer, employee, fellow, intern, research associate, or volunteer of the Smithsonian Institution or a member of any of the foregoing’s immediate family or household.
- To enter:
- Participants must follow the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden on Instagram (@hirshhorn).
- Participants must upload a photo (or video clip) of their pumpkin creation to Instagram and tag their entry with #InfiniteKusama and #atHirshhorn.
- Contest runs from 9am, Thursday, Oct. 26, 2017- Midnight of Monday, Oct. 30, 2017.
- Do not submit materials that are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, pornographic, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- You may enter multiple times using unique photos; the Smithsonian reserves the right to disqualify anyone who posts the same photo more than once. However, each individual will only be counted as one entry.
- Participants will be entered into a random drawing to receive a Hirshhorn swag bag, including an exhibition catalogue for “Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors.”
- The Hirshhorn Museum will award one prize.
- The prize is not transferable.
- If prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Smithsonian reserves the right to substitute a similar prize. Winners may not request prize substitution.
- Winners and guests are solely responsible for all travel or other costs associated with their acceptance and usage of the prize, and taxes if any.
- The Hirshhorn Museum will notify winners via Direct Message on Instagram and by announcing it on their account- tagging the winner and reposting their submission photo (or video). If winner does not respond to the notification within one business day another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within one business day means the winner forfeits the prize.
- Entrants give the Hirshhorn Museum permission to use his or her entry materials and the entrant’s name, image, and likeness for all promotional and standard museum purposes if the entrant is selected as winner and accepts the prize.
- All entrants hold the Smithsonian, its regents, officers, employees, fellows, interns, research associates, and volunteers harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with your participation in the contest, receipt or use of the prize. The Smithsonian and its regents, officers, employees, fellows, interns, research associates, and volunteers are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of entrants’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of the prize.
- The opening day schedule and timed passes prize are subject to change without notice. The Smithsonian is not responsible for loss or damage incurred as a result of attending. The Smithsonian, moreover, is not responsible for loss or damage incurred should opening day schedules or events be changed or canceled with limited or no notice. Please plan accordingly.
- The Smithsonian is not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond its control. Entrants are solely responsible for their entries.
- The Smithsonian reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these Rules; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Smithsonian, which are final and binding in all respects.