- This event has passed.
Do you know a budding architect? Let’s build! Join Hirshhorn Kids and our friends from the District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) Arts and Boolean Girl for a hands-on exploration of design and building. We’ll celebrate student artists from DCPS, and feature activities to get everyone building and dreaming.
Find us in the Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden. In the event of inclement weather this event may be modified .
- Large-scale map featuring artwork from DCPS student Build Day projects
- Hands-on maker stations including sculpture design, LEGOⓇ building, and more!
- Circuitry workshops with Boolean Girl
- Tot building zone and reading nook
- Architecture touch table with architectural materials and models
- Noon: Architecture tour. Meet at the large red sculpture, Are Years What? (For Marianne Moore)
Want to explore architecture before or after this event? Try these activities in the classroom or at home!
Help us stay safe and healthy! Review Smithsonian health and safety guidelines before your visit
Wheelchair accessible entrance to the Sculpture Garden is on the National Mall side of the Garden.
Stroller Parking is available.