- This event has passed.
Maker Morning: Build Day
April 29, 2023 | 10:00 am–1:00 pm
For kids (and adults!) of all ages
Do you know a budding architect? Let’s build! Join Hirshhorn Kids and our friends from the District of Columbia Public Schools- Arts, Boolean Girl, District of Columbia Public Library, and children’s author Andrea Beaty for a hands-on exploration of design and building. We’ll celebrate student artists from DCPS, and feature activities to get everyone building and dreaming.
Find us on the Hirshhorn Plaza and throughout the Museum. In the event of inclement weather this event may be modified.
- Large Scale Map featuring artwork from DCPS student Build Day projects
- Hands-on Maker Stations including sculpture design and more!
- Storytime with Andrea Beaty featuring Iggy Peck, Architect and Aaron Slater, Illustrator in the Lerner Room at 10:15 am, 10:45 am, and 11:45 am
- Circuitry workshops with Boolean Girl
- DC Public Library Storytimes and family resources
- Tot Building Zone
Want to explore architecture before or after this event? Try these activities in the classroom or at home!
Bundtshaft Cake-Off: Bake a Mini Hirshhorn
Join us again next month! Maker Morning is the Hirshhorn’s free series held on a select Saturday of each month that invites kids of all ages to experience contemporary art through interactive hands-on making activities. Each month, we’ll introduce you to new activities and ideas, focused on this year’s theme of Be Transformed. Drop in and explore the Museum through engaging interactives, kids tours, and more. Activities take place throughout the Museum and Sculpture Garden.