- This event has passed.
Advance registration is recommended; walk-ups are welcome.
Sound Scene XII: AMPLIFY, organized in partnership with sound collective DC Listening Lounge, unites local audio artists with national and international creators to transform the Hirshhorn into an interactive sonic wonderland.
This year Sound Scene will “AMPLIFY” invisible forces, previously silenced voices, and unexpected music through stories, sound art, live performances, and interactive exhibits.
- Craft new hip-hop beats by revisiting songs from the elementary school playground
- Put your ear to found objects at the reverberation station
- Join an electric walking tour
- Sit down for a guided sonic meditation
- Compose with your fingerprints
Sound Scene XII: AMPLIFY will expand your audio expectations in ways you haven’t yet imagined.
A full schedule of workshops, screenings and live performances available here.
Free and all-ages welcome.
For ASL interpretation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is supported by the Smithsonian Year of Music.