This live workshop is offered via Zoom. Register now!
Ready to transform that tune you’ve been humming at home into a groovy beat? We’re partnering with the international software company Image-Line for part two of ARTLAB’s Sounds Like Home music making virtual workshop series. Join professional music producer and ARTLAB educator J’Nae Morrae in a live music production workshop. Morrae will showcase a few handy beat-making tricks and song remixing techniques using the industry-standard digital audio workstation, FL Studio.
After the workshop, let’s hear what you’ve made! Workshop participants will be challenged to put their new skills to the test by producing a remix using an original track from Atlanta-based recording artist Ayanna. Check out Ayanna’s song, “Communicate.”
Join the challenge! All music makers are welcome to join the challenge by following the submission guidelines below.
“Communicate” by Ayanna remix challenge rules:
- Download Ayanna’s vocals from her song “Communicate” at the provided link.
- Produce one original beat in the music style of your choice.
- Add Ayanna’s vocals to your original beat and create a remix.
- Upload your completed remix to Instagram and tag @artlaplus and @ayannaofficial. Remember to also use the hashtag #ARTLABNOLAB on your post.
- Submission deadline is Friday, June 5, 2020 (11:59 PM EST)
- Remix challenge winners will be announced on Friday, June 12, 2020.
- All submissions that adhere to the listed guidelines will be evaluated.
- Mobile device or desktop
- Download the free trial version of FL Studio if you choose to learn and practice production techniques during the workshop
This workshop series is a part of the Hirshhorn’s ARTLAB NO LAB initiative, providing a virtual space for all creators to receive live technical instruction, and create at home. It’s geared toward teens, and open to all. Want more? Stay updated on upcoming creative learning opportunities and follow ARTLAB on Instagram.