Terms & Conditions
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Entrants must be natural persons, U.S. residents, and 18 years of age or older, except those entrants may not be a regent, officer, employee, fellow, intern, research associate, or volunteer of the Smithsonian Institution or a member of any of the foregoing’s immediate family or household.
- To enter,
- Buy a ticket before May 21, to the Hirshhorn Ball you will automatically be entered to win.
- Dress up in your POP ART inspired ensemble. An outfit that represents the strikingly vibrant, witty, subversive, and innovative art movement which first emerged in the 1950s and 60s. Guests should be ready to participate in the red-carpet portion of the evening in the Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden.
- The Smithsonian’s visitor rules continue to apply at this event: https://www.si.edu/visit/tips.
- The Smithsonian will award 1 prize to the winner of flowers and a sash and awarded THE BEST POP ART fit! If prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Smithsonian reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or equal value. Winners may not request prize substitution. One prize per person.
- A panel of judges from the Smithsonian will select the winner based on creativity, quality of execution, and responsiveness to the theme. Smithsonian will announce winner at the event, and present prize at that time; you must be present to win.
- Attendees give the Smithsonian, and those authorized by the Smithsonian, permission to photograph them, and to use such photographs and videos along with their name in any media for publicity (including social media) and other standard museum purposes.
- All entrants hold the Smithsonian, its regents, officers, employees, fellows, interns, research associates, and volunteers, harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with entrant’s participation in the contest, acceptance or use of prize. The Smithsonian and its regents, officers, employees, fellows, interns, research associates, and volunteers are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of entrants’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of the prize.
- Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity, and liability release as a condition of receiving the prize.
- The Smithsonian reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and/or deny entry to anyone whose costume or conduct, appear in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these Rules; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The Smithsonian reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at any time for any reason at its discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, the Smithsonian reserves the right to award or not award the prizes in its sole discretion. By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Smithsonian, which are final and binding in all respects. Winner is responsible for all taxes on the prize, if any.
- After May 21, 2022, Hirshhorn will post highlights of the contestant and winner on Instagram.