National Book Lovers Day Giveaway 2018
Terms & Conditions
By entering the National Book Lovers Day Giveaway, entrants agree to abide by the following rules:
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Contest void where prohibited.
2. Entrants must be natural persons, U.S. residents, 21 years of age or older, except that entrants may not be a regent, officer, employee, fellow, intern, research associate, or volunteer of the Smithsonian Institution or a member of any of the foregoing’s immediate family or household.
3. To enter:
a. Participants must follow the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden on Instagram (@hirshhorn).
b. Participants must add one comment to the contest post.
c. Giveaway runs from August 9, 2018 at 12 noon ET through August 10, 2018 at 12 noon ET.
d. Do not submit a comment that is off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, pornographic, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
e. Multiple entries by one individual do not increase the chance of winning.
4. All eligible entries will be entered into a random drawing:
a. The Hirshhorn Museum will award one prize. One prize given to one person.
b. The prize is a selection of seven Hirshhorn exhibition catalogs, a mixture of current and past exhibitions. The prize is not transferable.
c. If prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Smithsonian reserves the right to substitute a similar prize. Winners may not request prize substitution.
d. Winners are solely responsible for taxes if any.
5. The Hirshhorn Museum will notify the winner via Direct Message on Instagram. If winner does not respond to the notification within 5 hours, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within 5 hours means the winner forfeits the prize.
6. The Winner will also be mentioned in the Instagram post of the giveaway.
7. Entrants give the Hirshhorn Museum permission to use his or her entry materials and the entrant’s name, username, and profile photo for all promotional and standard museum purposes if the entrant is selected as winner and accepts the prize.
8. All entrants hold the Smithsonian, its regents, officers, employees, fellows, interns, research associates, and volunteers, as well as Instagram (collectively, “released parties”), harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with your participation in the contest, receipt or use of the prize. The released parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of entrants’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of the prize.
9. The Smithsonian is not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond its control. Entrants are solely responsible for their entries. The Smithsonian reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these Rules; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The Smithsonian reserves the right to cancel or modify these rules at any time for any reason at its discretion. By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Smithsonian. Smithsonian decisions are final and binding in all respects.
10. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.