Update: The Teen Art Collective is on pause in 2023-2024 while we reimagine our studio space.
Are you a young creative looking for a way to get your foot inside the door of the art museum world? Make your ideas matter through the Teen Art Collective.
The Teen Art Collective (TAC, for short) is an internship program for teens ages 15-19. The group will meet weekly between December 2023 and June 2024 to discuss, design, and bring to life projects and activities to make the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden more welcoming and inclusive for teens.
What will I do?
Using your behind-the-scenes access to the Hirshhorn’s collections, exhibitions, programming, and staff, you will:
- Bring the Hirshhorn to teens anywhere and everywhere: Support the Museum in developing online resources for teens and young people. Leave your mark: Participate in and provide feedback on Museum-wide projects and initiatives
- Get a glimpse of your future: Learn more about careers in museums and the arts
When is it?
The Artlab Collective will meet on most Thursdays from 4:30-6:30 pm. The Collective will also require some Saturday studio sessions. Applicants are required to commit to a minimum of 20 meetings from December to June.
What’s in it for me?
Leadership and teamwork experience, plus:
- $1500 stipend at the completion of your service
- Snacks at every in-person meeting
- A Hirshhorn Insider: FRIEND membership in your name
How should I apply?
Positions are open to any high school student ages 15–19 in the DC metro area who is interested and can commit to attending meetings regularly. No prior participation in the Museum’s teen programming is required.
Applications for the 2023-2024 program will open in October 2023.