Open daily, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Timed passes are not required to visit the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. However, to visit One with Eternity: Yayoi Kusama in the Hirshhorn Collection (on view through July 16, 2023), next-day timed-passes are essential for all visitors ages 13 and up.
Read our Kusama FAQ for all information about pass distribution and visitation to this exhibition.
Find our welcome desk located in the museum’s lobby to learn more about gallery experiences available during your visit such as free guided tours, kids’ programs, self-guides, and interactive pop-up carts.
Know what to expect on your visit to our campus so you can get back to enjoying the unexpected.
As of March 11, masks are not required to visit Smithsonian museums or the National Zoo. While it will not be required, all visitors who feel more comfortable wearing a face mask during their visit are encouraged to do so. The Smithsonian welcomes millions of visitors each year. We encourage visitors to maintain a safe social distance of six feet or more between households and groups when possible, but our museums get crowded, especially during peak visitation times. Visitors who wish to avoid crowds are encouraged to plan their visit during weekdays.
The latest guidelines are available at si.edu/visit/tips.
Plan your visit! Make the most of your Hirshhorn experience.
- Review Smithsonian safety policy and
- Might feel inspired to sketch? Pack a pencil (no pens, please) in case the mood strikes you. Explore our Hirshhorn/DRAW projects for some inspiration!
- Sanitize your hands and use our free hand sanitizer, available throughout our spaces.
- Visit hi.si.edu on your personal device for a self-guided experience.
- If you need help during your visit, speak to a staff member at the garden entrance or lobby information desk.
- Stay connected by signing up for one of our email newsletters. Snapped some great photos during your visit? Share them, tagging @hirshhorn on Twitter and Instagram.
- Email HirshhornExperience@si.edu about your experience.
Read up on our full list of tips and guidelines for visiting.