TERMS & CONDITIONS
Furry Fashion Contest
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Entrants must be natural persons, U.S. residents, and 18 years of age or older, except that entrant may not be a regent, officer, employee, fellow, intern, research associate, or volunteer of the Smithsonian Institution or a member of any of the foregoing’s immediate family.
- To enter,
- You must be a Hirshhorn Insider Member.
- Buy a ticket before October 22, to the Furry Fashion Contest Parade (space is limited) you will automatically be entered to win.
- Dress up your dog (and you) in costume and have them ready to participate in the contest beginning at 11:30 am on October 22 on the Hirshhorn Plaza.
- The contest categories will be following three:
- Pup-ular Choice
Best in show! This dog is sporting the all-around favorite look that lets their personality shine through.
- Dynamic Duo
Show off the bond you have with your canine companion through coordinated costumes. This pair makes us all want to be part of their pack.
- Art Unleashed
It’s time you teach your dog to appreciate modern and contemporary art. This dog’s art-inspired costume deserves a spot in a museum. Extra points for Hirshhorn- specific references!
- Pup-ular Choice
- Entrants must comply with the Dog Safety Guidelines.
- The Smithsonian will award 3 prizes to each category; Pup-ular Choice, Dynamic Duo, Art Unleashed to be announced at a later date. If a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Smithsonian reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or equal value. Winners may not request prize substitution. One prize per person.
- A panel of judges from the Smithsonian will select the winners for each category based on creativity, quality of execution, and responsiveness to the category Smithsonian will announce winners at the event and present prizes at that time; you must be present to win.
- All human Furry Fashion Contest Parade attendees give the Smithsonian, and those authorized by the Smithsonian, permission to photograph and film them and their dog(s), and to use such photographs and videos along with their name in any and all media for publicity (including social media) and other standard museum purposes.
- All entrants hold the Smithsonian, its regents, officers, employees, fellows, interns, research associates, and volunteers, harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with entrant’s participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance or use of prize., including without limitation any dog-related injuries, death and loss/damages. The Smithsonian and its regents, officers, employees, fellows, interns, research associates, and volunteers are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred because of entrants’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of the prize.
- Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity, and liability release as a condition of receiving the prize.
- The Smithsonian reserves the right in, its sole discretion, to disqualify and/or deny entry to anyone whose costume, conduct, or dog appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these Terms and Conditions; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The Smithsonian reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time for any reason at its discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, the Smithsonian reserves the right to award or not award the prizes in its sole discretion. By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Smithsonian, which are final and binding in all respects. Winner is responsible for all taxes on the prize, if any.
- After November 1, 2023, Hirshhorn will post highlights of the contestant and winners on Instagram.